BEFORE YOU ARRIVE TO MALDIVES
Make the most of your trip to Maldives with our guide to important information, tips and advice for visitors to our sunny side of life. Be prepared for the sunny warm weather as well as rain at any time, which can be torrential but usually brief. Be aware that there are certain goods that you are not allowed to bring into the Maldives under any circumstances, and some goods that are restricted.
- GOODS WHICH ARE BANNED COMPLETELY
- Narcotics and psychotropic substances
- Religious materials offensive to Islam
- Live pigs
- Idols (for worship)
- Pornographic material (including sex toys) such as books, magazines, films, videos, DVDs and software
- GOODS THAT REQUIRE A PERMIT TO IMPORT
- Liquor and Alcoholic Products
- Pork and its by-products
- Chemical and Chemical Products
- Firearms, Explosives, Weapons and Ammunition
- Tobacco and Tobacco Products
- Communication Equipment
VISA & IMMIGRATION
Maldives welcomes visitors from any part of the world.
FREE 30 DAYS VISA UPON ARRIVAL FOR ALL VISITORS
No prior visa is required to enter the Maldives and based on immigration requirements, entry permits will be granted on arrival. However an entry permit does not permit visitors to take up employment, set up any business or conduct any professional activities (paid or unpaid) except with the consent of the government and in compliance with pertinent laws and regulations of the Maldives.
Leave a Reply