Mariyam Shany Ahmed, (artist alias “Manje”) is a Maldivian self taught artist mostly working with watercolors, acrylics, inks and graphite mediums. Her work is characterized by beautiful faces of women integrated with intricate patterns inspired by cultural elements of Maldives and Malaysia coupled with detailed elements of flora, fauna, and underwater beauty. Her main inspiration is derived from various fairy tale and mythological characters, natural elements, as well as fantasy works from world renowned fantasy artists of past and present.
Manje has participated in various international art competitions and various exhibitions over the past few years. Since 2008, she has showcased her work in Kuala Lumpur Art for Grabs, Rantai art bazaar, Publika Fuyoh art Bazaar and many others.
Currently living and working as a freelance artist and mural painter in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, she is working on a series of new pieces for upcoming art shows in 2014 and a Solo show in 2015.
Exhibitions and Events
• Exhibited work in the group art show “Borak Art Series” by Rantai at the White Box Gallery space, Publika Solaris Dutamas, Malaysia – November 2014
• Exhibited works at “Untamed Bloom” group exhibition by MEKAR Collective at the New Straits Times Gallery, Bangsar from 1st October – 31st October 2014
• Exhibited work and performed live painting at the Cultural Art show and exhibition “Call of the Sangu” in April 2014, Dusit Thani Maldives.
• Exhibited work at group art show by Rantai Art festival on 29-30th March 2014 at the Red Bungalow, Kuala Lumpur.
• Participated and exhibited work for the annual SAARC Artist Camp held in Maldives in National Art Gallery of Maldives (May 2013)
• Judged on a panel of 3 judges for the first Red Bull Doodle Art Contest held in Maldives for university students of Maldives (June 2013)
• Exhibited artwork at Group Art show “Satu x Satu” At Gallery Rumahterang, Art Row, Publica Solaris Dutamas, Malaysia (April 2012)
• Exhibited and sold original artworks thrice a year in “Art for Grabs” At Central Market Annexe Gallery, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2009 – 2012) and consequent Art for Grabs events in Kuala Lumpur throughout 2014.
• Participated in Graffiti event in conjunction with National Visual Arts Gallery of Malaysia where 27 selected artists in Malaysia painted murals on the front walls of the National Visual Art Gallery of Malaysia (November 2012)
• Participated in “Meeting of Characters part 4” in Kuala Lumpur (Meeting of Characters or MOC is an annual graffiti art event where selected artists paint murals along public walls within KL (December 2011)
Mariyam Shany Ahmed (Manje)
Email: [email protected]
Families discover springtime fun at Niyama Private Islands Maldives!
Embark on New Wellness Experiences at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
Create Unforgettable Memories with your Family At Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
Reasons why you must visit Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
Stargazing in Paradise at Anantara Kihavah’s Overwater Observatory