Booking Policy and Information
What services are provided by Maldives.com?
You can book your next holiday to Maldives through our website.
- You can make holiday bookings for resorts in the Maldives on our website. Our typical customers include couples, families and groups of friends and family.
- We also plan arrangements for large groups such as MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events) weddings and holidays in the Maldives.
- Our team also create customised travel packages on request to make any special occasion memorable with unique experiences that you can enjoy here in the Maldives.
Maldives.com is an online marketplace operated by Traviqa Pvt Ltd, a registered company of the Ministry of Economic Development based the Maldives, Company Registration: C07312019.
Merchant Permanent Address: 6th Floor, Aagé, 12 Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Henveiru, Malé 20094, Republic of Maldives
You can contact a member of our customer services team who can assist you with information and advice regarding holiday bookings that you make on the maldives.com website. Please find our contact information listed below:
TELEPHONE (CALL OR TEXT):
Holiday Bookings and Reservations: +(960) 777-9402
Payment and Cancellation Policy
We inform each customer of their payment due date and the free cancellation period for thier holiday booking before we collect their payment. Please note that cancellation policy may vary according to which resort you book and they may be more strict if your holiday booking is made in the festive season (From 22nd December to 10th January).
Payment Policy / Cancellation Policy
A non-refundable deposit per room/villa is payable upon reservation confirmation.
Kindly note that a full payment must be made ___ days prior to your arrival in order to confirm your booking
___ days prior to arrival date – 100% deposit of the total room charge.
The booking must be paid to the resort in full at least ___ days before your arrival in the Maldives to confirm your booking or your booking will be cancelled.
Last Minute Bookings – 100% deposit of the total room charge.
Bookings made ___ days or less prior to arrival require 100% payment in order to be confirmed.
+ Payment methods may include VISA, Mastercard & international bank transfer.
+ We will need a full payment to confirm your reservation.
- Full Payment Required No Less Than ___ Days Prior To Arrival At The Resort
- Cancellations Received More Than ___ Days Prior To Arrival: No Charges Will Be Applicable
- Cancellations Received ___ Days Or Less Prior To Arrival: 100% Cancellation Fee Will Be Applicable
- No Show & Early Departure: 100% Cancellation Fee Will Be Applicable Including Transfers
+ Refunds will be subject to the cancellation charges and written notice requesting a refund.
+ If you are due to arrive in ___ days or less your booking will fall within the cancellation period.
+ Mandatory Cancellation charges apply to bookings cancelled ___ days or less before arrival.
+ Bookings made within the cancellation period are not fully refundable.
+ No Shows / Early Departures will have to pay 100% the cost of their holiday.
+ Amending your travel dates is subject to availability and any room rate differences at the time of your request.
+ In the event you miss your flight or if your flight gets delayed please inform us so that we can inform the resort accordingly.
Some resorts offer a more flexible cancellation and amendment policy so where possible we will indicate resorts with more flexible cancellation policies on their resort page or when the offer is generated.
You can also benefit from the personal and individual advice of our team, who will be glad to help you with any questions that you might have regarding booking, cancellation and amendment policies.
Points To Consider:
+ The transaction currency for payment of goods and services provided through the maldives.com website are in US Dollars.
+ Please retain a copy of the invoice we provide and the payment receipt for your booking with you during your holiday. It also contains booking references that can be used to identify your holiday booking.
We will need to know your international flight arrival times in order to arrange your resort transfer:
SPEEDBOAT / YACHT / LUXURY YACHT
All boat transfers can be arranged according to your international flight arrival and international flight departure times.
DOMESTIC AIRLINES + SPEEDBOAT TRANSFER
Please inform us of your international arrival and your international departure flight. Typically we can offer same-day transfers for guests who arrive at night but we will need to check with the resort before we can confirm your same-day domestic airlines + speedboat transfer to the resort.
There is a baggage allowance of 25kg per person for checked-in luggage, with an excess baggage surcharge for guests whose total luggage weighs more than 25kg. No bag may exceed 32kg in weight. You may also bring a small carry-on bag under 5kg
Your international arrival flight must land before 1500 hrs Maldivian time for same-day seaplane transfer to the resort.
Your international departure flight must leave Maldives after 0900 hrs for same-day departure from The Maldives.
There is a baggage allowance of 20kg per person for checked-in luggage, with an excess baggage surcharge for guests whose total luggage weighs more than 20kg. No bag may exceed 32kg in weight. You may also bring a small carry-on bag under 5kg
IMPORTANT NOTES – Concerning Immigration Policies in Maldives
- All Tourists must pre-book accommodation and you will receive a free 30-day tourist Visa on arrival.
- All Tourists must submit a Travel Declaration 96 hours or less prior to their arrival to and departure from The Maldives.
- You must ensure your passports are valid for longer than six (06) months from your departure date from Maldives.
- Guests are strongly advised to check the valid dates of their passports before booking and travelling
- We do not accept responsibility for guests who are refused entry to the Maldives based on an invalid passport.
- We will update you with further details regarding any new guidelines for your arrival, when possible, to do so.
Here is a list of prohibited good that are banned which you must not bring into the Maldives and select restricted goods that are governed by strict laws.
All tourists are not allowed to import the following goods into the Maldives. The penalties for importing prohibited goods vary and can be quite severe:
Narcotics and psychotropic substances
Pornographic material (including sex toys) such as books, magazines, films, videos, DVDs and software
Religious materials offensive to Islam
Idols (for worship)
Liquor and Alcoholic Products
TOURISTS should not purchase liquor and alcoholic products on the flight or duty free shops while en route to the Maldives as these items will be confiscated upon arrival at the airport.
Pork and its by-products
Chemical and Chemical Products
- Toxic substances
Firearms/Explosives/Weapons and Ammunition
- Pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, pellet guns, etc.
- Replica and imitation firearms, Components of firearms, Harpoon and spear guns, Stun or shock producing devices.
- Explosives and explosive devices, Replica or imitation explosive material or devices, Fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics.
The import of these goods are governed by strict laws. If in doubt please do not bring goods that may jeopardise your chance of gaining entry to holiday in the Maldives
- Health certificate from an authorized veterinarian, satisfying that the animal is free from infections or contagious diseases is required.
Please note: The import of DOGS and dangerous animals are strictly prohibited.
Live Plants and Animals
All plants require a valid phytosanitary / sanitary certificate and must be inspected and approved by the Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture.
Medicine – Prescription Controlled Drugs
A valid medical prescription issued by a registered medical practitioner is required for importation of controlled drugs (for personal use only).
Tobacco and Tobacco Products
All tobacco products must carry a health warning label as prescribed by the Ministry of Health.
Note: All passengers are eligible for import duty allowance up to a limit of 200 Cigarettes, 25 Cigars and 250g of tobacco.
Talkie-set, receiver and any other telecommunication equipment with radio frequency transmitting capacity exceeding 100 milliwatts should be inspected and approved by Communication Authority of Maldives
This Information Was Last Updated On September 14, 2023.